Depending on the location of your business, your operations may be vulnerable to storms that down trees and power lines. And, no matter where you are, a simple accidental deletion of data by one of your employees can put your services on hold. Plus, don't forget about the continually increasing cyber attacks that hold data for a ransom (see our previous article on how to protect yourself from ransomeware here). For all these reasons and more, you need a Business Continuity Solution.
What Is A Business Continuity Solution?
Some IT support companies call this a Business Continuity Plan, and some call it a Backup & Disaster Recovery Plan. But no matter what you call it, it will keep your data safe and accessible if you experience a manmade or natural disaster.
It provides you with a robust set of tools to give your hotel the best chance to stay open and recover quickly, and with as little damage as possible to your operations and reputation.
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Business Continuity Solution?
These are the Top 10 benefits:
- Your information technology will be protected, and your staff will be prepared and productive in the event of a disaster. Employees will be informed and rehearsed, and they’ll know what actions to take. This could save your hotel a lot of downtime and money.
- It will protect the image, brand, and reputation. If you’re able to continue functioning despite a disaster, your patrons will see you as dependable, and your reputation will be enhanced as a result.
- Your customers will feel confident doing business with you; you’ll be able to keep your commitments and ensure the continuing quality of the hospitality services you deliver.
- It shows your investors that you take your business seriously; that you’re prepared and ready to maintain productivity.
- Your insurance company could view your business more favorably knowing that you’ve done everything you can do to protect it from a disaster.
- Your staff will gain an awareness of business operations that they didn't have before. Business Continuity Planning can often provide your personnel with useful insights into improving the way they handle tasks, even in areas that hadn't been previously considered.
- If a disaster does occur, the cost of disruptions will be significantly reduced with a Business Continuity solution in place.
- There won’t be disruptions to services. Your competitive position will be maintained or even improved because you’ll be able to meet your guests’ requirements, where other hotels that aren’t protected won’t.
- Business operations will be enhanced when you identify areas of inefficiency or risk during the analysis part of your business continuity planning.
- The best benefit of a Backup & Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan is your ability to deliver services and/or products regardless of business disruptions.
Don’t Go At IT Alone. You need an expert who’s trained in Business Continuity preparation and execution. This will give you peace of mind knowing that no matter the disaster, they will be there for you. Contact Next I.T. today!